Be honest with me here… are you?
With so many options available it’s hard to know what is the right decision to make.
If you’ve got more money to spend you could go with a band but you will have to make sure that they are all professional and committed to ensuring that your birthday party is a success. But even then it’s highly unlikely that you could get a band to play every song that you request.
If you’ve got guests who are more into karaoke then you’re going to have to find someone who has all of the necessary video and audio equipment. But even then, unless you have family and friends who are really good singers it might not be as much fun for your guests as you imagine.
If you decide to just use an iPod and play a pre-recorded list of songs, it may be cheap and convenient but will it be memorable? I mean, this is supposed to be your special day after all and you do want to make a good impression on your family, friends and guests don’t you?
Keeping everyone happy is not that easy and is this something that you really want to be worried about on your birthday when you already have so many other things on your mind?
Why not get someone to take care of all of this stuff, all of the sound, lighting and music requests so that you can focus on the important stuff?
Having a professional birthday party DJ at your birthday party can make a huge impression on your guests and will show them that you value their presence because a good birthday party DJ can interact with the crowd, bring with them a professional sound system and ensure that your birthday party is a memorable one. Other benefits of having a professional birthday party DJ at your birthday party include cost-effectiveness, no insurance hassles and less wastage.
1. Interacting With The Crowd
A good birthday party DJ…
2. Professional Sound System
A good birthday party DJ…
A good birthday party DJ…
Generally speaking a birthday party DJ will cost less than hiring say a band because one person can do all of the work necessary. Where as with a band you may have to pay more than one person as well as any other people involved such as roadies required to transport, set-up and pack-down all of the necessary equipment.
A professional birthday party DJ will have the necessary insurance cover including public liability, products liability and property liability required by some venues and ensure that you are covered in case someone trips on a power cord or if some equipment is damaged.
6. Less Wastage
A birthday party DJ generally consumes less resources such as electricity and therefore will produce less wastage which is not only good for you but for the environment also!
So if you are on a tight budget but want to ensure that your guests have a good time at your birthday party you now have plenty of reasons to consider hiring a professional birthday party DJ!
I’ve been DJ’ing now for five years and the feedback that I consistently get from clients is that they want to hear the music that they want to hear, they want a birthday party DJ who is good at taking requests.
They want to have a memorable experience where everyone is having fun, feels like they are participating in something special and have the opportunity to get up on the dance floor and show off their awesome moves.
They want someone who is professional, who shows up on time, does what he is supposed to do, treats family, friends and guests with respect and doesn’t have any hidden charges for doing simple things like taking song requests and making special announcements.
1. Will the DJ serve as emcee or will they only play music?
It really depends on the complexity of the task, if there is a lot of emceeing work to be done it’s best to discuss it before the actual birthday party however if it’s just a few occasional announcements, then it shouldn’t be much of an issue.
2. If there are any special messages from guests needing to be read, will the DJ accommodate these requests?
Yes, you will just need to let me know so I can stop the music at the most appropriate time for the special messages to be read.
3. What happens if there should be an emergency due to illness, injury or some other unforeseen situation? If so, will a backup DJ be provided?
Yes, I will organise a backup DJ for you if I am unavailable and provide you with their contact details as well as providing them with all of the relevant information for your birthday party.
4. Will the DJ take music requests?
Yes, I will take music requests and in most cases I will play those requests as long as the requests are appropriate for the audience, it is my intention to play as many music requests as possible within the time allowed.
5. Will the DJ provide all of the equipment and music needed?
Yes, the basic package includes a DJ kit with a mixer, two speakers, a wireless microphone, party lights and if you need anything else you will need to let me know beforehand.
6. Will the DJ adhere to your guidelines for attire?
Yes, it is my intention to wear whatever is most suitable for the birthday party however if you have any special requirements you will need to let me know beforehand.
7. How long has the DJ been playing music for?
I have been DJ’ing since 2008, mainly private functions – fashion shows, movie launches, corporate functions, birthday parties, wedding receptions, high school formals, graduation balls, etc.
8. How many DJs will be playing?
Usually I can handle everything myself, however, if you need more then be sure to discuss it with me beforehand.
9. What is the requirement for deposit and final payment?
A deposit of $110.00 is required to confirm your booking, the balance can be paid beforehand by electronic funds transfer or by cash / cheque on the night. Once you have completed the booking form, I will send you an invoice with my bank account details on it for you to make an electronic funds transfer.
10. Are there any “hidden” charges for things like changing the music, adding another member, playing longer, etc.?
No, there are no “hidden” charges, I will quote you one price for the entire birthday party, if you have any special requirements then you will need to let me know beforehand so I can factor it into the quote.
11. Is the DJ covered by insurance and if so, what is included?
Yes, I am covered for public liability up to $10,000,000 for any one occurrence, products liability $10,000,000 in the aggregate during any one period of insurance and property in my physical or legal control up to $20,000.
12. What is the refund and cancellation policy?
If you wish to cancel, you will need to let me know at least one week in advance and I offer a 100% no questions asked money back guarantee so if you are unhappy with the service that I provide just say so and you’ll get your money back – all of it!
13. In case of an emergency, what happens? Is backup provided? Who has the responsibility for securing backup?
I have a procedure in place in case my equipment is not working properly including the provision of back up equipment.
14. How much time is required for set up and pack down and are you paying for this time?
It takes approximately one hour to set-up and pack-down all of the equipment and the cost is included in the quote that I provide to you.
15. When does the contract need to be executed?
The contract is executed on the date of your birthday party.
16. Will you be expected to provide food and drinks for the DJ?
It is up to you, I generally prefer not to eat and / or drink too much while I’m working.
17. Can we organise a meeting to go through the details of the night?
Yes definitely, I am more than happy to meet with you in person to discuss the details of the event, just let me know when is a good time / day for you and we’ll work something out.
What you get is:
1. Basic lighting and sound equipment, set-up and pack-down (including two speakers) which means that you don’t have to worry about the hassle of hiring and transporting your own lighting and sound equipment.
2. Six hours of DJ / MC services including “download on demand” song requests which means that any song that you request will be played and you don’t have to worry about being charged for extra time. The “download on demand” service is dependent on the availability of mobile internet access and dependent on the venue / location.
3. Access to a wireless microphone to ensure that any announcements or speeches that need to be made can be made without any hassles.
4. Comprehensive public liability, products liability and property insurance, in the event that anything bad might happen such as someone tripping on a power cord and getting hurt you can be assured that you will be covered and that you don’t have to worry about any legal or financial implications.
5. A back up wedding DJ (in case I am unwell or unavailable) – this means that for whatever reason your birthday party will go ahead as scheduled without any problems.
1. A birthday party DJ who can also act as your MC and make any special announcements that you require.
2. A broad range of music including “download on demand” song requests to ensure that everyone’s needs are catered for. The “download on demand” service is dependent on the availability of mobile internet access and dependent on the venue / location.
3. An experienced birthday party DJ who knows what kind of music to play and at what time to ensure a smooth transition between songs.
4. A professional sound and lighting system appropriate for your chosen venue including transportation, set-up and pack-down.
5. A birthday party DJ who is well dressed, presents a professional image and will ensure that you make a good impression on your family, friends and guests.
6. A birthday party DJ who is cost-effective and does not over-charge you for simple requests such as change of music and making of special announcements.
7. A birthday party DJ who is fully insured so you don’t have to worry about any legal or financial problems should something go wrong.
8. A birthday party DJ who has an up to date selection of music to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience.
9. A birthday party DJ who knows what songs to play and at what time to ensure that everyone gets up on the dance floor and shakes their groove thang.
10. A no questions asked money back guarantee so that if you are unhappy for what ever reason, you know that you can always get your money back… all of it.
You Need Me If:
You Don’t Need Me If:
What I offer is a complete package with customised service for those who have a limited budget:
Order now before I’m totally booked out…
Now is the time to save the date, book me if: